- Pulse a piece of rustic bread in a food processor or blender to make coarse bread crumbs.
- Cook bread crumbs over med-high heat in oil or butter to toast. Reserve a few on the side.
- Add two eggs. If you want to, flip them with a spatula after 2 minutes. Or do the sunny side up thing.
- Sprinkle some chopped fresh herbs atop. Top with reserved crumbs.
- Further, top with a slice of crispy pancetta, if that happens to be lying around your kitchen too. Bacon or bacon crumbles would be good. But frankly, the egg, crumbs and herbs don't need the pig.
This dish was inspired by Judy Rodgers, Zuni Cafe.