So How's My Menu Working Out?



In the last post, I shared my family's menu for this week. You can tell that sometimes I get a little over-eager when I plan a menu. I also had a little flexibility built into the plan, just in case. 

Here's what I really made, so far.

Saturday
  1. Salmon with pineapple glaze. Check. Nora and Alex didn't like it.
  2. Homemade Mac and Cheese. Awesome, but pepperjack cheese dominated. Alex didn't like it.
  3. Fennel, Apple and Spinach Salad. One of the best salads I've ever made, I think. A little left over for Sun. More spinach, apple and fennel if a new batch is needed later in the week.
  4. Steamed fresh green beans. Check. Don't know why I put carrots on the original plan. I bought beans.
  5. Not many people were able to make it over for the late night football game, so vodka tomatos and tortilla pizza were dropped. But, I did make a big batch of my nutty dried fruit granola to use for breakfasts for a couple weeks.
  6. Homemade French Onion Dip. Check. Too bad the Hawkeyes weren't as good.
Salmon Marinating in Pineapple-soy

Sunday
  1. Another batch of mac and cheese, no pepper jack. Check.
  2. Steaks. Check.
  3. Burgers added to menu. Three burgers added to make Alex happy, since he didn't like much of last night's dinner. He also ate steak. Growing boy.
  4. Grilled asparagus. Excellent. Leftover green beans, leftover salad.
  5. Made 6 sandwiches, prepped 6 portions of fruit, made three tomato/cuke/pepper salads for school lunchs. Covers 2 days. 
Watched a lot of football, went to pool with Alex and Amy. Dropped them off at CCE.  I have not spent the last two days cooking. Really.

Amy (age 7) wanted a picture of the plate she arranged.
That would be grilled asparagus, homemade mac & cheese, strip steak.
She sees me take a lot of pcitures of food.

New plan for Monday - LEFTOVERS. Move Monday's pork and rice to Tuesday.

Since there's no cooking needed today, I'll prep the batch of yellow cherry tomatoes. Can you eat vodka marinated tomatoes for school lunch? I mean, for a teacher. Probably not.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...